Management assistant in an international Law Firm !
Page Personnel Belgium
My client is recruiting a Secretary (medior/senior level) to provide administrative support to the lawyers of a practice group in our Brussels office.
My client is a well-known international law firm located in the centre of Brussels. The offices are accessible by public transport + Teleworking accepted !
My client is looking for a Management Assistant to provide administrative support to lawyers in a practice group in our Brussels office. You will provide efficient and quality support to the case managers, allowing them to focus on providing legal services to clients. A large part of the role is to ensure timely billing for the partner(s) in the team. In addition, you will assist the Account Executives to maximise the time they can spend on billing, undertake business development activities and help them manage their day to day workload.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with supervisor as part of a secretarial team to provide comprehensive PA, Secretarial and administrative support, taking ownership and ensuring the work is executed in the most efficient and appropriate way, provide back-up
- File management; organizing and opening of matters, closing of files, archiving and ensuring that all relevant documents are filed electronically and paper based, when required
- Managing the billing process using Elite (internal financial system). Assisting fee earners by liaising with other parties to raise invoices. Liaise with other global offices to follow relevant procedures, managing fee earners to complete all necessary time recordings or to enter their time recordings on their behalf
- Reviewing, proofreading billing drafts on a monthly basis and submitting to attorneys for review and approval
- Process matter maintenance request such as address changes, discount requests etc.
- File client information on a consistent basis
- Pulling together information from various software and ensuring a seamless match
- Work closely with the Finance department to follow-up outstanding accounts
- Create bills, disbursements, create and amend narratives as well as requesting for credit notes and inter-office bills, and liaising with international offices where necessary
- Complete financial reports where required for internal systems, highlighting outstanding earnings to be billed, and updating client where needed
- Proactively manage and maintain fee earner diaries; coordinating meetings with internal and external clients, ensuring all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges
- Managing booking of meeting rooms, conference and video facilities; liaising with attendees when needed, and making sure they receive first class hospitality experience
- Dealing with external and internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner and relaying messages to the relevant person
- Organizing and managing travel arrangements; preparation of key documents including visas, correspondence (invitation letters), invoices and expense claims
- Amending and reformatting documents, where appropriate, ensuring that completed documents are delivered accurately to a high standard
- Preparing presentations and meeting papers, including print production
- Manage group and fee earner contacts to ensure they are up-to-date
- Provide administrative support to fee earners with conflict searches and audit requests
- Assist on ad-hoc projects - for example, managing bundles, indexing documents etc.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Native level French speaker with excellent command of English. Dutch is a plus
- Demonstrate flexibility, and ability to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Strong Financial Background
- Analytical and figure oriented
- Ability to meet business demands and work with demanding stakeholders
- Demonstrate a capability to manage and understand the end-to-end billing process of legal firms
- Previous experience in a professional service organization is a plus
- Discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Team player with a positive 'can do' attitude; common sense, flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Very organized, can do attitude, good planning
- Proactive and able to use initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Interpersonal understanding and problem solving ability
- A very attractive salary in line with your experience
- An interim contract with a view to employment
- A great working environment
- Possibility to work from home
À propos de la société
Page Personnel Belgium
At the heart of our business are the thousands of people’s lives we change, the outstanding service we provide to our clients and candidates and the exciting opportunities within our offices all over the world. We’re proud to set the standard in the recruitment profession – our specialist service with a personal touch is how we change lives for people through creating opportunity to reach potential.
As an employer looking to hire, or a candidate looking for an opportunity, Page Personnel offers you a team of specialist consultants who know your sector inside out and can meet your goals within tight timelines.
We specialise in the following disciplines: Accounting & Finance - Banking & Financial Services - Human Resources – Insurance - Procurement & Supply Chain - Sales Administration - Sales & Marketing - Secretarial & Business Support
Together with Michael Page, Page Executive and Page Outsourcing, Page Personnel is part of PageGroup. We’re confident our expertise and time-sensitive solutions will help you meet your recruitment or job search goals. Get in touch to find out more.